ALAN HOBBINS PIANO STUDIO – MARKHAM
PIANO LESSONS, CORNELL, MARKHAM, ONTARIO
CREATIVE & INSPIRED LEARNING
Reach Your Highest Artistic Potential!
1st Place Competition Winners. All Levels.
In-Person and Online Lessons Now Available. Details below.
Alan Hobbins has been a community music teacher in Markham, Ontario since 1989. An established concert/recording artist and former teacher of The Royal Conservatory of Music, Alan provides excellent training for advanced students and young beginners. Alan’s teaching philosophy inspires students to reach their highest artistic potential in a creative learning environment. His uncompromising dedication to performance excellence has helped many students win awards in music festivals and competitions. Over the years students have received 1st place awards from the Ontario Registered Music Teacher’s Association, Richmond Hill, Markham and North York Music Festivals, Toronto Kiwanis Music Festival and The Royal Conservatory of Music, Gold Medal Award.
Alan gives master classes at the Royal Conservatory’s Taylor Performance Academy for Young Artists.
Markham Economist & Sun Readers’ Choice Award 2019
Read about this award at yorkregion.com
ORMTA Contribution to Teaching Award 2019
Awarded for Dedication to the Music Teaching Community. Presented to Alan Hobbins by the Provincial Council of the Ontario Registered Music Teachers’ Association.
- Examiner for The Royal Conservatory of Music
- Ontario Registered Music Teacher, Co-President of the Markham/Stouffville Branch. (ORMTA)
- Bachelor & Master of Music (Juilliard), Artist Diploma (Glenn Gould School, R.C.M.)
- Preparation for all Royal Conservatory Examinations. Level 1 to A.R.C.T
- Preparation for Rudiments & Harmony Exams
- Coaching for Music Festivals, Competitions and auditions for undergraduate music study.
- Annual Concert at Steinway Music Gallery
- Scholarships and Awards for students
- Studio Piano, Steinway Concert Grand. (9 foot, Model D)
Create a ZOOM account: www.zoom.us/meetings and download the ZOOM application.
For optimum acoustic quality a laptop should be used with an external USB microphone and a high-speed internet connection. An iPad or iPhone will also suffice. The device should be placed about 4 feet away from the piano or keyboard showing a profile of the student and piano keys.
STUDIO PERFORMANCE PHOTOS
Click photos below to view slideshow of recent ORMTA concerts featuring Hobbins students at Steinway Hall and Infiniti Music Hall